This Sunday 2/25, we are going to have a meeting with worker leaders and we would also like to invite you all to discuss and a plan an event we are doing on March 8th in honor of the International Women’s Day. We would like to do a panel with some of our amazing women worker leaders to talk about the organizing we have been doing to protect and defend immigrants and farmworkers and we specifically want to highlight just how crucial and important it has been to have Slocum House as a resource to support that organizing. We will also share some updates with you all about Slocum and the local sanctuary coalition The meeting will be from 3-5 on Sunday at the Workers’ Center and there will be food, but bring a dish if you’d like. Please email Nikeeta Slade firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know if you are able to attend the meeting. Thanks and look forward to seeing you all soon.
Support our work
- PRESS CONFERENCE: Farmworkers, advocates and local residents speak up for dignity and respect in front of Melrose Farms
- Consulado General De Mexico En Nueva York/Mobile Mexican Consulate Visit
- Press Release: NY State Fair Opens with Upstate Demand for Driver Licenses: Farm Workers, all Immigrants Need License Access Now
- Immigration Forum: Education for Action! 8/22
- Gov. Cuomo: Take Executive Action for Driver’s Licenses Now!
We are located at the Syracuse Center for Peace and Social Justice Building 2013 E. Genesee St. Syracuse NY 13210 - Tel. 315-218-5708