As many of you know, our friend Dolores had an immigration hearing today in Batavia this morning. We are happy to report back that because her interpreter was sick, her court appearance has been rescheduled to May 8, 2018. This means that Dolores will have more time to be with her family and it also gives her lawyer more time to continue strengthening and working on her asylum case. Today Dolores said that she is going to continue to fight to stay with her family and she appreciates the outpouring of support and solidarity from all of you. We would like to thank all of you for coming out this morning and braving the cold to send a message that Dolores is here to stay! Check out this media coverage of the press conference and rally today in The Batavian. Si se puede!
Support our work
- PRESS CONFERENCE: Farmworkers, advocates and local residents speak up for dignity and respect in front of Melrose Farms
- Consulado General De Mexico En Nueva York/Mobile Mexican Consulate Visit
- Press Release: NY State Fair Opens with Upstate Demand for Driver Licenses: Farm Workers, all Immigrants Need License Access Now
- Immigration Forum: Education for Action! 8/22
- Gov. Cuomo: Take Executive Action for Driver’s Licenses Now!
We are located at the Syracuse Center for Peace and Social Justice Building 2013 E. Genesee St. Syracuse NY 13210 - Tel. 315-218-5708