On Wednesday 4/18 we are mobilizing to Albany from across the state to show the mass support and push the legislator to move forward with the Green Light legislation. In order to plan the event we need to know who is able to spend the whole day in Albany with us and where you are coming from. Please fill out this form to express your interest in going to Albany and let us know how many people you can bring with you!
Call to Action! Many of you upstate participated in the this call to action two weeks ago. TODAY we are calling on down state supporters to make the call to Crespo today!
Dear New York City Community Members & Allies,
The Green Light NY Driving Together Campaign needs you to show your support for NYS expanding access to driver’s licenses! We need you to take action TOMORROW, Wednesday April 4th by calling Assemblymember Marcos Crespo, the lead sponsor on the bill to thank him for his support for the legislation and ask him how we can accelerate the process of getting a bill number. Below is a sample script with the phone number to call (in English and Spanish).
We are asking you to:
- Call Assemblyman Crespo and forward this call to action to your networks (script below).
- Take a picture or video of you calling his office & post it on Twitter tagging @GreenLightNYDT @thenyic and/or send it to me.
- Utilize our graphics, sample tweets & messaging on your digital media platforms: Facebook & Twitter using the hashtags: #GreenLightNY #DriversLicencesNOW. Please Tag: @GreenLightNYDT & @MarcosCrespo85.
- Graphics & messaging can be found here and pasted below.
- Once you have called please fill out this quick form to tell us how it went!
We want to make sure he hears from allies, directly affected community members, other elected officials, and community leaders so please spread the word to all your networks. The time to act is now!