Great day to visit senator Rachel May and Assemblyman Bill Magnareli to thank them for co-sponsoring legislation to restore access to driver licenses for undocumented immigrants in NY. We also visited the offices of Assembly representatives Pamela Hunter and Al Stirpe to remind them to co-sponsor, as they told us earlier in the year that they would do. As we were leaving the office of Assemblywoman Hunter we got the news that yesterday she submitted the appropriate paperwork to officially be listed as a co-sponsor. We encourage everyone who supports immigrants in Upstate to please call the office of Assembly representative Al Stirpe to encourage him to follow thru and support immigrants, many of which work in agriculture which is an important industry in his district.
- Take Action Now to Protect NY Farmworkers from COVID-19 (from the Worker Justice Center of New York)
- Chobani: Respect Workers’ Organizing Rights
- On the signing of the FFLPA, WCCNY calls on Chobani to step up!
- NY Assembly and Senate pass the Farmworker bill at last!
- Historic win for New York Farmworkers!
- Census 2020 Press Conference
- Central New York Counts! Census2020 Press Conference
- Tell Your Story Training
- Building Equity Together with the Urban Jobs Task Force
- Join us March 12 in Albany for Equal access to Driver Licenses for NY immigrants!