We are very happy to announce that Amy Sugimori, Director of Policy and Legislation for SEIU 32BJ, has joined the Board of Directors of the Workers’ Center of Central New York! We admire SEIU 32BJ’s history of fighting for workers’ rights and they have been very supportive of our work in Upstate NY for several years. Amy has a long history of activism and policy work in immigrants’ rights and labor, and drives 32BJ’s work on defending immigrant rights. Prior to her current position, Amy was executive director of La Fuente, a project engaging union members in civic participation in their communities, and was an attorney with the National Employment Law Project.
Welcome Amy and thank you Hector Figueroa, 32BJ President for your commitment to workers’ justice in NY. Sí se puede!
- Tell Your Story Training
- Building Equity Together with the Urban Jobs Task Force
- Join us March 12 in Albany for Equal access to Driver Licenses for NY immigrants!
- On the Road to Win Equal Access to Driver Licenses for NY Immigrants!
- Green Light Senate Call in Day 2/22 Día de llamadas del senado LUZ VERDE 2/22
- Cena Navideña
- Volunteers needed for Plowshares
- Can My Boss Do That?/ Mi Jefe Puede Hacer Eso?
- Job Announcement: Organizer
- WCCNY members Hector and Arely Navarro in need of community support after medical emergency