This Sunday 2/25, we are going to have a meeting with worker leaders and we would also like to invite you all to discuss and a plan an event we are doing on March 8th in honor of the International Women’s Day. We would like to do a panel with some of our amazing women worker leaders to talk about the organizing we have been doing to protect and defend immigrants and farmworkers and we specifically want to highlight just how crucial and important it has been to have Slocum House as a resource to support that organizing. We will also share some updates with you all about Slocum and the local sanctuary coalition The meeting will be from 3-5 on Sunday at the Workers’ Center and there will be food, but bring a dish if you’d like. Please email Nikeeta Slade email@example.com to let me know if you are able to attend the meeting. Thanks and look forward to seeing you all soon.
- Chobani: Respect Workers’ Organizing Rights
- On the signing of the FFLPA, WCCNY calls on Chobani to step up!
- NY Assembly and Senate pass the Farmworker bill at last!
- Historic win for New York Farmworkers!
- Census 2020 Press Conference
- Central New York Counts! Census2020 Press Conference
- Tell Your Story Training
- Building Equity Together with the Urban Jobs Task Force
- Join us March 12 in Albany for Equal access to Driver Licenses for NY immigrants!
- On the Road to Win Equal Access to Driver Licenses for NY Immigrants!