Today the Workers Center and our allies supported worker, Thomas Colabufo, as he delivered a demand letter to Modern Malt, the restaurant where he used to work, demanding that he receive his final paycheck after having gone a month without receiving it. Thomas along with the support of his family and 12 supporters, delivered the letter demanding he receive his final paycheck upon delivery of the letter and he was able to receive his paycheck within a few short hours of giving the owner the letter. Thomas says “Thank you all for being there for me during this hard time. Ya’ll helped!” We would also like to thank Thomas for his courage to standing up and getting what he was rightfully owed. Collective action always gets the goods! Si se puede!
- NY Assembly and Senate pass the Farmworker bill at last!
- Historic win for New York Farmworkers!
- Census 2020 Press Conference
- Central New York Counts! Census2020 Press Conference
- Tell Your Story Training
- Building Equity Together with the Urban Jobs Task Force
- Join us March 12 in Albany for Equal access to Driver Licenses for NY immigrants!
- On the Road to Win Equal Access to Driver Licenses for NY Immigrants!
- Green Light Senate Call in Day 2/22 Día de llamadas del senado LUZ VERDE 2/22
- Cena Navideña