Today the Workers Center and our allies supported worker, Thomas Colabufo, as he delivered a demand letter to Modern Malt, the restaurant where he used to work, demanding that he receive his final paycheck after having gone a month without receiving it. Thomas along with the support of his family and 12 supporters, delivered the letter demanding he receive his final paycheck upon delivery of the letter and he was able to receive his paycheck within a few short hours of giving the owner the letter. Thomas says “Thank you all for being there for me during this hard time. Ya’ll helped!” We would also like to thank Thomas for his courage to standing up and getting what he was rightfully owed. Collective action always gets the goods! Si se puede!
- Green Light Senate Call in Day 2/22 Día de llamadas del senado LUZ VERDE 2/22
- Cena Navideña
- Volunteers needed for Plowshares
- Can My Boss Do That?/ Mi Jefe Puede Hacer Eso?
- Job Announcement: Organizer
- WCCNY members Hector and Arely Navarro in need of community support after medical emergency
- Light Work Partners with For Freedoms To Launch Billboard Campaign in Syracuse, NY
- Governor Cuomo, give the Green Light NOW!!
- Today is the day to call Governor Cuomo to ACT NOW! DRIVERS LICENSES FOR ALL! NOW!
- 32BJ Joins Board of Immigrant Workers’ Center!!